The United States of America has been a global leader in the field of education, setting standards and influencing global power structures politically, socially and economically.
Strong research and funding have helped make United States colleges and universities among the world’s most prestigious, making them particularly attractive to international students, professors and researchers in the pursuit of academic excellence, the extended scope for research and education flexibility are evident in deriving results as is witnessed in the talent that is nurtured and produced at Universities in the USA.
The U.S. spends more on education per student than any nation in the world. The United States has many competitive private and public institutions of higher education. The networking experience and the learning gained during the time spent at a US institution help you on the path towards excellence and eventually success. According to prominent international rankings, 15 American colleges and universities are ranked among the top 20 in the world. Moreover, 6 of the Top 10 Universities in the World are also in the United States.
World class institutes- America has set a benchmark for world class education. American institutes are ranked as best in the world.
- Global Opportunities- The USA is known as the land of opportunities. It has the best brains in the world, high quality institutes and being home to reputed multinationals the USA facilitates international career.
- Support for international students- The US is home to the world’s largest number of international students, has hence rules and regulations which makes life easier for an international student.
- Broad-based education- The American curriculum does not stick to a particular subject and has multiple dimensions so that individuals learn skills that are applicable to many professions and situations.
- Wide variety of programs to study- No other country offers as diverse options as the USA. If you are planning to study something very specific, chances are there is a school that offers that program in the USA.
- Unique culture – The culture in USA is worth experiencing. The USA has diverse population from all backgrounds who contribute to make it a very unique experience.
- Flexible study programs – It is common that students enrol in community colleges for 2-3 years before transferring into a nationally ranked university, so they have time to discover and explore the topic of their choice. The result is a very flexible, accommodating degree that you can customise to suit your interests.
- Be highly sought after by employers- Obtaining an American degree is a signal to employers that you are a worthy candidate for their company. 90 percent of students having a American degree are placed in reputed companies and are paid well.
The UK is fast emerging as one of the most popular study destinations for education in the world .UK universities provide internationally recognized qualifications of the highest standard.
They also offer more opportunities than ever before: there are currently over 55,000 postgraduate taught courses.
The first degree offered at British universities is the Bachelor’s degree (typically three years). Many institutions now offer an undergraduate Master’s degree as a first degree, typically lasting four years. During a first degree students are known as undergraduates. The difference in fees between undergraduate and traditional postgraduate Master’s degrees (and the possibility of securing LEA funding for the former) makes taking an undergraduate Master’s degree as a first degree a more attractive option, although the novelty of undergraduate Master’s degrees means that the relative educational merit of the two is currently unclear.
Some universities offer a vocationally-based Foundation degree, typically two years in length for those students who hope to continue to take a first degree but wish to remain in employment.
- World-class Standard- Academic excellence and high quality of education is guaranteed in UK. Its qualifications are recognized throughout the world. Your UK qualification will be a solid foundation for building your future, and giving a global edge to your future prospects.
- International tradition – UK institutions attract students from all over the world, so you will have the opportunity to mix with international as well as UK students. The quality of UK degrees is one reason and second is value for money. Unlike equivalent programmes in other countries, most UK Masters programmes can be completed in one year.
- Language Proficiency – A major advantage of studying in the UK is the opportunity to perfect your knowledge of the English language – one of the most important skills in the international business world.
- Range of Courses- UK Universities and colleges offer more than thousand courses at different levels of education. There is a great flexibility in the way in which a subject can be studied. One of the biggest advantages of studying in the UK is that the option of combining work placements with academic study such as sandwich courses at the undergraduate level and work internships at the post graduate level.
- Ease of Travel- UK is in Europe which has its own distinctive history, landscape and modern culture. And, because they’re all within easy reach of one another, they’re easy to explore.
Australian universities are widely recognized for excellence in all areas of education and training . Australia is culturally diverse making it a safe, friendly and harmonious society.
It is also an English speaking country making it easier for the students coming in from all over the world. Australia also offers excellent value for money and a standard of living that is among the highest in the world. Living expenses and tuition costs in Australia are considerably less expensive than the UK and USA
Australia has 37 government-funded universities and two private universities, as well as a number of other specialist institutions that provide approved courses at the higher education level. The University of Sydney is Australia’s oldest university. Other notable universities include those of the Group of Eight, including the University of Adelaide, the Australian National University located in the national capital of Canberra, Monash University and the University of New South Wales.
Australia’s commitment to offering international students a quality education is backed up by legislation and regulations that govern the international education sector. For example, the Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA) and the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) have been set up by the Government to strengthen the quality assurance processes in education and training in Australia. International students in Australia and their parents enjoy a level of service and financial protection which is comforting
- Multicultural Environment- People from about 200 countries have migrated to Australia, making Australia one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. Students are accepted in the society and the value of diverse backgrounds is accepted in Australia.
- Quality of Education- The country is committed to providing quality education to students. Any program that accepts international students must have student services and educational facilities that meet strict quality standards set by the government. Australia provides the world’s most rigorous protection for international students through ESOS and other important legislation to protect international students. The Australian approach to vocational and technical education is now recognized as among the best and most innovative in the world
- High Employment Rates – Employers in Australia and around the world hold Australian qualification in high esteem. Hence an Australian degree provides an excellent platform for career advancement.
- Scholarship Options – Australia has many scholarship programs, student bursaries, and other support programs to help transition international students into Australia.
- Part Time Jobs While Studying – The international students in Australia are allowed to work on part time basis for 20 hours per week. Students can earn while studying
New Zealand may be best known for its stunning countryside, a population of 4.4 million who enjoy classy wine and herds of sheep. However, with study costs
financial aid and post-graduation employment prospects emerging as highly important factors in choosing a destination, New Zealand is gradually drawing itself towards the centre stage of international education. The education model adopted by New Zealand has fundamental principles taken from the UK institutions and hence is research and practical oriented.
WHY NEW ZEALAND?
- GOVERNMENT SUPPORT-The New Zealand Government is investing heavily in its education sector with projections of international enrolments increasing by 2025 to more than double of what they are today. The broad range of study and research opportunities is also boosting their presence in the global marketplace.
- INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION-7 of the 8 Universities in New Zealand have consistently featured in the top 500 Universities across the globe. This is why more and more students are choosing to study in New Zealand.
- NEW SPHERES OF EDUCATION- New Zealand University and colleges are growing in the following areas of study: Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine, Applied & Pure Sciences, Architecture & Construction, Engineering, Creative Arts & Design, Education & Training, Health & Medicine, Fitness & Personal Care and Travel & Hospitality.
Canada’s education system is excellent and ranks among the best in the world. Moreover Canadian tuition fees are among the lowest in English-speaking countries.
Canada is a peaceful, politically stable, and safe country. Canada is often associated with cold weather and snow. Despite the harsh weather Canada is ranked as one of the happiest places to live. According to the United Nations, Canada offers one of the highest standards for quality of life in the world.
Internationally recognized degrees- Canada has one of the best educational systems in the world. Canada boasts a wide range of quality educational institutions in technical and professional disciplines and there is a diverse range of courses on offer from marine biology through to accountancy
- Work Permit after Graduation- International students who have graduated from a Canadian university or college have the opportunity to work in Canada for up to THREE years after they receive their degree or diploma. International students can work on campus without a work permit & can work off-campus with an open work permit.
- Excellent health care- Compared to other countries, medical insurance is inexpensive but the facilities in Canadian hospitals are excellent.
- A multicultural country- Canada has a national policy for multiculturalism and works to ensure that people’s customs and traditions are preserved and respected. Canada is also home to one of the largest immigrant population. There are more than 150,000 international students every year in Canada. International students bring a rich cultural diversity.
- Nature- Canada has a huge amount of unsettled land and a thriving national and provincial parks system. There’s something for everyone, including indoor and outdoor recreational activities. Canada has its own variety of special pleasures.
Singapore truly vibrant and cosmopolitan .The standard of living in Singapore is high with a multicultural society. It is also an education hub with its world class universities offering international students quality education at an affordable cost.
Singapore is most attractive due to its proximity to India. Singapore is just 6 hours away in a direct flight from India. Indian students joining Institutions in Singapore is increasing at 26% per year.
Singapore was ranked at the third place in the 2013 QS Best Student Cities thus reflecting the country’s combination of highly ranked universities along with a diverse student community and high quality of life. Singapore is home to 7000 MNC’s giving a sure shot chance at employment.
Quality of Education- Singapore is a premier knowledge hub and is intellectually enriching. It has a class of its own and everyone knows about it.
- Cost- Degree obtained in Singapore is cheaper as both course fees and living costs are relatively cheaper as compared to Western Countries.
- Climate- Climate is similar to India and hence does not cause major upsets while adjusting.
- Presence of Indian Community – Indians form a major part of the total population and ‘Malay’ and ‘Tamil’ is one of the national languages. Singapore also has a ‘Little India’ (an ethnic district). Oh yes, you will find one odd relative living in Singapore rather easily
- Employment- Institutions have their Career Service Units (CSUs) to help find the right job. Singapore is really the business hub of Asia so it’s easier to find jobs.
- Visa – The Visa process for Singapore is very simple. Chances of getting a visa to study in Singapore are very high and you need not get tensed about attending rigorous interviews.
- Intakes- Many Institutions have as many as four course start dates which literally means you can start your studies anytime in Singapore.
Polish academic traditions reach back to 14th century. The Jagiellonian University in Kraków was established in 1364, as the second university in Central Europe.
Today’s Polish universities continue the glorious traditions of their predecessors. Warsaw University for example is ranked first in the Top Coder international IT ranking.
1. Rich Heritage
Poland’s traditions of academic education go back to 1364 when King Casimir the Great established the Cracow Academy, known today as the Jagiellonian University. The Cracow Academy, being one of the oldest in the world and still going strong.
Today, the Polish higher education system is developing rapidly. Poland holds fourth place in Europe (after the United Kingdom, Germany and France) in terms of the number of people enrolled in higher education. The total student population at over 400 university level schools is almost 2 million. The Polish university level schools offer over 200 high quality types of study as an integral part of the European Higher Education Area. Most schools offer courses in foreign languages.
3. Bologna Process
Poland plays an active part in the Bologna Process. Owing to the introduction of three-stage education modelled on Bachelor/Master/Doctoral studies as well as the European Credit Transfer System, both Polish students and foreigners studying in Poland stay fully mobile and can continue their education elsewhere in the European Union without any problems. Within just the Erasmus Program that has been going on for over 20 years now, over 43,000 foreign students have come to study in Poland while almost 100,000 students from Poland have taken part of their education in another country within the European Union. Foreign students coming to Poland can expect the most attractive and diversified education opportunities meeting high European standards. They can study medicine, biotechnology or engineering, but also art and business. The diploma awarded to them upon graduation is recognised not only Europe-wide but also in most countries of the world.
4. High quality of education
The Polish higher education system is well developed. The quality of the education provided is monitored and regularly evaluated. The main Polish institutions in charge of quality assurance in higher education are: the Polish Accreditation Committee, the General Council of Higher Education and the Conference of Rectors of the Academic Schools in Poland. There are over 5,000 courses available in Poland and each of them has had to gain the Polish Accreditation Committee’s approval.
5. Competitive costs of living and studying
Compared to other EU countries, the tuition fees in Poland are really competitive and the costs of living are a fraction of what a foreign student would have to spend in other European cities.
Germany has always played a dominant role in Europe, both politically and economically. Even in today’s date, German economy single-handedly provides stability to the Euro zone.
Considered to be the hub of engineering and technological knowledge and expertise as well as a robust centre of the literature, music and the arts, Germany continues to attract people from all over the world because of its well-constructed education system. One of the largest countries of Europe, Germany’s impact on the continent as well as the global economy is huge, not just with regard to cutting-edge technology and research for the manufacturing sector but as an important global trading partner raising questions and providing solutions concerning social, political and economic issues. The education system has earned a reputation for producing talent across disciplines that is often in great demand in the international labour market.
1. TOP NOTCH RESEARCH AND EDUCATION-The structural variation is largely to do with the emphasis on gaining real world exposure through internships and placements as part of the programme of study. Additionally, a large focus on R&D projects and substantial investment on a macroeconomic scale into Research and Development enables institutions to attract elite faculty and students to further the learning curve of Germany. It’s the perfect blend between theoretical frameworks and practical exposure with strong academic standards adopted to incorporate the best of both elements.
2. INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION- Latest statistics indicate Germany to be the 4th most popular destination for studying abroad for international students. There are several reasons to study in Germany, whether it is the world class universities and colleges and their diverse subject pool from which students can choose or the historical cultural heritage in which Germany is steeped.Some of the most popular and top German Universities include Ruprecht-Karis-Universität Heidelberg, Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität München, Technische Universität München. Every German city has at least one University ranked and recognised amongst the world’s top 250.
3. ACCESSIBILITY-Moreover, while the rest of the world is discussing how to make quality education more readily available, Germans have made world-class learning affordable, accessible and available to the large majority of its domestic and international population. When you further read about the universities and colleges there and the kind of education they offer, you will understand why studying in Germany is one of the most attractive options. Today, more and more students are opting to study abroad in Germany
4. SUPPORT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS- German economy provides a lot of scope for international students to study and work at the same time, in order to supplement their education and income. Students are allowed to work part time for 120 full days and 240 half days in a year without a work permit. The expenses are at par, if not less, with most of the European countries. . Academic freedom is one of the main characteristics of the German university system and is one of the reasons why public universities in Germany don’t charge any fee.
5. INDUSTRAIL AND SCIENTIFIC ACUMEN- Germany has consistently been considered a leader in Science, Technology and Engineering. Hence, the top courses to study in Germany are the following: Mechanical, Structural and Chemical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Entrepreneurship and Technology, Renewable Energy, Computer Sciences and Information Systems. Germany is one of the most highly developed industrial nations in the world and, after the USA and Japan has the world’s third largest national economy.EXPENSES IN GERMANY: Germany is at par with most European countries when it comes to education expenditure. It is an added benefit that a lot of public universities in Germany don’t charge any fee. Students’ monthly expenses can amount to around 640-700 €.
An estimation of students’ monthly expenditure-
Rent and utilities € 298
Food and drink € 165
Clothing € 52
Learning materials € 30
Car and public transportation € 82
Health insurance, medical costs, medicine € 66
Telephone, internet, TV € 33
Recreation, culture, sports € 68
Total € 794
France is the fourth most popular study destination in the world and every year it welcomes thousands of international students seeking to improve their French, immerse themselves in the rich culture, or simply just to try something different.
Regardless of your motivations, France offers a wide range of options for international students. France is one of the most sought after study-abroad destinations, inviting abundant number of students every year from all over the world. In addition to a good educational experience, studying in France leads to good career opportunities internationally after graduation. France is better known for its high level of technological development, culture and reputation in the education system, which attracts number of young aspirants here every academic year. It is also easy for them to explore central Europe in their spare time due to France’s geographical division. Thus, many foreign students choose to pursue their higher studies in France due to its technological progress.
1) TOP NOTCH SCHOOLS
France is renowned for its best business and engineering colleges. 17 of its universities are highly ranked by QS. Paris has exceptional public libraries, museums and is a cultural epicenter offering something for everyone
2) LOW COST OF LIVING
Though cost of living in France is high, tuition fees are surprisingly lower making it affordable for International Students. The French Government also offers a number of scholarships for students.
French Universities are now increasingly using English as the medium of instruction especially in areas like management, engineering, politics etc. For students lacking proficiency in French, it is usually taught as a subject in their curriculum during the course time.
4) CULTURAL HERITAGE
France is culturally rich with world renowned Eiffel tower and famous museums. It has a unique architectural style worth watching, the charms of which adds to the attractions of France.
5) SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
In the Information Technology sector, France ranks second in Europe and fourth in the world. France is in the forefront of technological progress in several fields. France is responsible for the monitoring and technical management of the European space program Ariane, the operational launcher of several dozen communications and observation satellites
Malaysia is fast becoming the centre of academic excellence in the the South East Asia region.
Many international students have discovered that studying in Malaysia is a “value-for-money” option as Malaysian education offers them a wide diversity of high quality study options at a competitive education cost.
Career-focused education – Institutions in Malaysia provide professional, offering courses that are up-to-date and market relevant.
Earn while you learn – Malaysia’s law permit students to work while studying.
Affordable Tuition Fees – Tuition fees of accredited and high quality programmes in Malaysia are very reasonable and highly affordable.
Cosmopolitan Environment – Students will get a chance to mingle with Multicultural community enhancing their global outlook
Safe Zone – Its geographically located in a zone free from natural disasters.
Comfortable Amneties – Malaysia is equipped with modern infrastructure and efficient transportation system which is a boon for international students.
The Philippines is one of the most educated nations in the developing world. The Philippines is a culturally rich country like India with some of the best beaches in the world.
The higher education system in Philippines is modelled after the American education system and includes bachelor’s, master’s anddoctoral degrees.Studying abroad in the Philippines is ideal for English speaking students because almost all courses are taught in English.The Philippines offers an affordable alternative to Australia, the UK, and the U.S for higher education.
Minimal Cost : The Philippines is one of the most affordable study abroad destinations in the world. The overall cost of living is less when compared to the other countries.
Affordable Medical Study : Admission in Top Medical Universities of Philippines is very affordable with reasonable tuition fees
Communication : English and Filipino are the two major languages spoken in Philippines and in the urban areas English is massively spoken.
Medium of Instruction: In addition to having one of the best education systems in Asia, all education programs, including master’s programs, are taught completely in English
Ease of entry: Visa processing is relatively easy compared to the other countries.
Relaxed Atmosphere : With beaches and islands around it, the Philippines is like a mini retreat to the students for relaxation during their hectic schedule.
Placement Options : The Philippines is the largest provider of medical trained nurses and doctors to the U.S.A, Canada and many other countries
Friendly Weather conditions : The Philippines has a tropical climate suitable for Indian Students
Italy’s education system is renowned around the world for its quality, offering several different options for international students. It is particularly well known for its languages and architecture degrees.
It is home to around 90 higher education institutions, including more than 50 state universities, 17 private institutions and many other specialist learning centres where you can study a degree in Italy.
Tution Fees : Tuition fees at Italian universities vary, but they are generally much lower than in other parts of Western Europe or North America
Accomodation : Universities often provide accommodation services to help students to find appropriate rental apartments or shared rooms in the private rental market. These options usually come at a lower cost if you use the university services to find your accommodation.
Financial Assistance : There are various types of financial assistance you may be eligible to receive while studying in Italy. There are some scholarships available and international students are eligible to apply for student loans and grants.
Earn While you learn : EU students can work in Italy without additional permission, while for non-EU students employment rights are regulated through your study visa status. Knowing the Italian language will increase the chances of finding employment .
Weather : Being in the Mediterranean, Italy has some of the best weather in Europe.
Hospitality : In typical Mediterranean style, Italy welcomes International students and visitors with open arms.Culture shock can be more severe if staying in a country where the students feel resented by the locals. The Italian outgoing nature will also help the students feel more comfortable and less isolated while living so far from home.
pain is one of the most prominent countries of the European Union. It offers international students outstanding higher education and excellent facilities for learning Spanish culture and language.
The country has many highly regarded institutions of which few of them have decent world university rankings. While the majority of courses in Spanish universities are taught in Spanish, there are
also a number of courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in English and the numbers of such courses are growing.
Education: The educational system in Spain is well organized and properly executed, designed to provide students of all levels with the abundance of learning opportunities.
Cost of Living: The costs of living in Spain are very affordable when compared to other countries in Europe.
Experience the Country: The two cities Madrid and Barcelona and the countryside of Spain are beautiful and nice tourist attractions.
Language: Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language in the world. So there is an good opportunity to learn the language.
Friendly Atmosphere : Most students who have experienced studying in Spain are really pleased with the friendly people (local and foreign), relaxed environment and warm weather.
Here are some other general costs students should keep in mind:
Milk (1 litre) 0.80 EUR
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 0.90 EUR
Rice (1kg) 1.00 EUR
Eggs (12) 1.50 EUR
Apples (1kg) 1.50 EUR
One-way Ticket (Local Transport) 1.40 EUR
Basic Utilities (Electricity, Heating, Water, Garbage) 95.50 EUR
nternet (6 Mbps, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL) 35.00 EUR